Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Humungous Big Injury?!

Ilya Bryzgalov vs. TB Lightning 3/26/12

Ilya Bryzgalov, our eccentric first string goalie has a chip in his foot. Flyers General Manager, Paul Holmgren alerted us, the fans and public that he doesn't expect this to be a major injury. Heck, he's only listed as day to day. However, as we have seen in the past, "not so serious injuries" have been known to develop in to more serious things and have sidelined players for say... seasons. I know it's been a while, but does anyone remember one Chris Pronger? out of the line up initially for what seemed to be a minor cough turns into post concussion symptoms which translates to a season without Pronger. Now, I know a chip in the foot is nothing compared to what happened with Mr. Pronger (Seriously though, Chris Pronger, get better, we miss you!), but it's just an example to show you that no injury can be taken lightly. Now more than ever, injuries, this injury in particular should be seen with the utmost concern. Granted, Bryz has struggled this season, but recently he's been the goaltender that the Flyers knew he could be, and the goaltender that we the fans have been waiting for, for like forever. So, with the playoffs looming just around the corner (April 11th), an injury such as this really scares me. I really really (yep, two reallys) hope that Bryz's injury isn't serious, just like Mr. Holmgren says, but, until I see him blocking shots on the ice, I will remain scared!

As always, your thoughts comments, concerns, are welcome

EDIT: Immediately after posting this the first time, I read an AMAZING article about Zac Rinaldo. Click his name and give it a read!


No comments:

Post a Comment