Everyone has a passion. Everyone has something that they love. That being said, everyone that loves something has a difficult time not talking about what they love. I love the Philadelphia Flyers and I love talking about the Philadelphia Flyers. I may not be the most knowledgeable person, and I may not have inside access to the goings on of the Flyers organization, but I, like most other internet savvy people read and listen throughout the interwebs constantly. So, that being said, I wish to blog about the Philadelphia Flyers. I wish to have people start seeing what I have to say. I want those people to agree or disagree with me. I want to laugh with you, I want to say witty things, I want to have a good time with the Flyers and with my fellow Flyer fans. This is why I'm starting this blog. More importantly, this is why I'm starting this blog so close to playoff time. This is the height of Flyers hockey, and the Philly fans have an opinion, I have an opinion, and I want us to get it out there! So with this, my first post, let's talk about the game last night...
Tampa Bay came into the Well for the fourth and final meeting of the season between the two. Prior to the game I thought there was no way that our Broad Street Bullies could lose. We had just clinched a playoff spot, Bryzgalov's on fire, and let's face it, the Lightning didn't have the type of season that was expected of them. Regardless, Stamkos, St. Louis, and company came into the Well and took the early lead on their first shot of the game (whilst aone Jaromir Jagr still holds a slight smirk with his Bobrovsky should start the first shot then bring Bryz in joke still holding true). However, no big deal, right? The Flyers are used to coming from behind, and they were leading in puck possession and in shots. Which, proves to be true as the Flyers came back in the 2nd period to make a game out of it. However, Tampa Bay took a lead in the third, and although A late goal in the 3rd period by Scott Hartnell, rallies the team with just over a minute left in regulation an empty net goal clinched the W for the Tampa Bay Lightning.
So went went wrong with the Flyers? Well, besides good net-minding from the Tampa Bay Lightning, one Matt Carle would like to take the blame for this one. A respectable move, a move in which I admire, but think is not necessary. For those who didn't see the game last night. Carle seemed to have lost control of the puck at one point in our own end and ended up putting the puck right in front of a Ilya Bryzgalov and essentially putting the puck right in Tampa Bay's hands. Fret not Matt, for many mistakes were made in this game, and you're not soley to blame. regardless, He apologized to his teammates and the fans for his mistake (link to video below). Anywho, Flyers lose 5-3 last night despite outshooting the Lightning 38-15. With goals scored by Wayne Simmonds (who had been in a bit of a goal dry spell), Matt Read (rookie extrodinare), and Scott Hartnell (our curly haired klutz). This game was the last in a five game home stand, and our boys in orange and black head to Toronto to face the struggling Maple Leafs on Thursday night. Maybe Bobrovsky will get the start, he has to have some rust on him, he hasn't played since February...
Highlights and Matt Carle, right... now.
Hightlights here.
Matt Carle Apology here.
No comments:
Post a Comment